In case of reindeer roadkill
WHAT TO DO
- Give first aid to injured people and call Finland's emergency number 112.
- Prevent additional damages and place the emergency warning triangle on the road at least 100 metres from the car to warn others.
- Put down the injured reindeer or find a person who will do it for you.
- Move the animal's body to the side of the road and mark it clearly. Do not take it with you.
- Call 112 even if you only slightly hit a reindeer. Even if the reindeer moves on, it is likely hurt. Do not leave the animal to suffer!
- Inform your insurance company in case there have been damages to persons, cars or other property.