In case of reindeer road kill
- Give first aid for injured people and call Finland's emergency number (112).
- Prohibit extra damages and take the reflective triangle to the road at least 100 metres from the car to warn others.
- Put down the reindeer or find person who will do it for you.
- Move the carcass to the side of the road and mark it clearly. Do not take it with you.
- Call 112 even if you just hit a reindeer mildly. Even if the reindeer continues, it is likely that it's hurt. Do not leave the animal to suffer.
- Inform you insurance company if there have been damages to persons or car.